I thought a guest patron needed a new account created. After I had created it, I went to pull out a new library card they said oh I already have one. Turns out the patron had an old account that just needed to be renewed. I had to get a manager to delete the duplicate account. It wasn’t a big deal, but still frustrating.
On a white background, there is the following text:
Me: *prepares a flipped classroom Canvas module for students about how to search for Census data online*
Data.Census.Gov: *goes down the day I open the module to students*
Me: A screenshot of Pikachu looking surprised.
Data.Census.Gov: *stays down for days*
Me: *edits the Canvas module, and prepares to teach the session without the site*
Data.Census.Gov: *comes back up the morning of my class*
Me: The same screenshot of Pikachu looking surprised.
A data script I wrote and did run
Long I waited for it to be done
Then my mac’s plug said bye
Its battery ran dry
And after weeks, results there were none
There once was a meeting on Zoom,
as silent and dark as the tomb.
The host sat in the void,
feeling mainly annoyed—
she forgot about that waiting room.
I was interviewing someone for a story, and they had a lot of insightful ideas and experiences to share. Unfortunately, I neglected to double check my device and not a word of it was recorded.
Finally got these black boxes to go away–They returned as soon as I saved the document and sent it to the patron. (I was able to get help and fix it permanently later!)
One on one, over email, in meetings, no matter where or how I raise the topic of changing to open or licensed textbooks with the faculty I support all I ever get is a room full of crickets.
I lost the vault key under the dumbwaiter
I tore a historical newspaper
That moment in your carefully planned database session when you realize the PROXY SYSTEM IS DOWN and you can’t even navigate to the database much less show off how cool it is.